The primary goal of “ABILITY AWARE: Tech-It VR” is for participants to gain a better understanding of notions, such as “disability”, “accessibility” and “inclusion”, through the use of technology and virtual reality. Through this project, we aim to promote equality, acceptance, and respect for people with disability, to enhance capacity building of partner Organizations, through the sharing of good practices on disability rights, inclusion and accessibility issues, as well as to empower young people in Greece, Europe, to start and lead their own social project. Most importantly, local youth will be able to recognize what is accessible in their universities, work, neighborhood, and their communities, based on the knowledge and experiences through the workshops, as well as examine modern issues, such as civil society, Sustainable development, disability, and accessibility. This happens in accordance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, as Quality Education (Objective 4) and the reduction of Inequalities (Goal 10) are the primary goals of this project.
– for the participants to acquire self-esteem when dealing with people with disability, as well as patience, understanding towards all other social groups.
– for the participants to review all they already know about the world of disability, but also about their own abilities, as they discover new skills and learn to communicate effectively.
– to promote critical and creative thinking, and enhance teamwork and interaction between people with and without disabilities.
– To provide participants with the knowledge on how to achieve social good.
– To teach participants how to tackle major social issues and offer new, innovative ideas for social change.
– To provide the platform where the youngsters of the local community can interact and exchange stories, ideas and best practices with each other regarding inclusion, diversity, and accessibility
– To promote the use of technology for social inclusion
-To empower both the participants of the project and the participants in our workshops, in order to engage and contribute to their local community
– to recognize and validate the competences gained throughout the project
The program is co-financed by the European Solidarity Corps Greece of the European Commission and supported by the Erasmus+ Youth Greece.
Watch the aftemovie of the project for further inspiration: